History of the Schoolhouse
This schoolhouse was built in 1930's by the WPA Work Program. It served the black community as their school for 30 years. After that, it was purchased by Myers Furniture Company and used as a warehouse. Restoration began in 1982. Schoolhouse BBQ opened on May 26, 1994. Once again these rooms are filled with laughter, talking and even learning. Feel free to walk around and ‘Remember when’.